India-Japan Business Summit"Make in India with Japan for the Globe"14th July 2023 from 9 am to 6 pm
Sheraton Grand Bangalore Hotel at Brigade Gateway
9.00 - 9.30 Registration + Tea
# Inaugural Session
9.30 am - 9.35 amProgramme Introduction
Mr. A Murali, AdvisorBCIC and Vice President, Toyota Tsusho India Private Limited.
9.35 am - 9.45 amGuest Facilitation, Lamp Lighting
9.45 am - 9.50 amWelcome AddressDr. L Ravindran, BCIC President and Managing Director & CEO, Wealthmax Group of companies, Bengaluru
9.50 am - 10.00 amIndia Japan Strategic Global PartnershipMr. Mukesh Agarwal, Partner, PwC India
10.00 am - 10.10 amSetting the contextMr. Siddharth Deshmukh, IJBC President, Pune
10.10 am - 10.25 amChief Guest
Honourable Mr. M B Patil,Minister for Large and Medium Industries, Govt. of Karnataka
10.25 am - 10.35 am
A message by Guest of Honour
His Excellency Mr. Tsutomu Nakane,Consul General of Japan in Bengaluru
10.35 am - 10.45 amKeynote Address by Chief Guest
Mrs. Geetanjali KirloskarChairperson & MD, Kirloskar Systems Pvt. Ltd and Chairperson, Toyota Tsusho Insurance Broker India Pvt. Ltd, Bengaluru
Register Now | Partner With Us
10.45 am - 11.00 am Guest Felicitations/ Break and Buffer
Theme 1: Unlocking the Secrets of Japanese Manufacturing Excellence
11.00 am - 11.20 am
Talk/Presentation 1: "The Art of Kaizen: Continuous Improvement for Operational Excellence"
Mr. B Padmanabha, Associate Executive Vice President, Toyota Kirloskar Motor Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru
11.20 am - 11.40 am
Talk/Presentation 2: "Industry 4.0: Bridging the Gap between Tradition and Innovation"
Mr. Ankur Basu, Partner, PwC India
11.45 am - 12.30 pm
Panel Discussion 1: "Japanese Manufacturing Excellence: Lessons and Insights for India"
Moderator: Mr. T R Parasuraman, BCIC Past President
1) Mr. Rajesh U Pandya, Managing Director, KAI India (Virtual)
2) Prof. Prem Motwani, Author, Consultant on TPM/TQM and Former Professor, JNU, New Delhi
3) Mr. Hirohisa Soma, Senior Director General, SMRJ, Japan
12.30 pm - 1.30 pm Buffer and Lunch
Theme 2: Revolutionizing Global Mobility and Electronics Manufacturing:Collaborative Strategies for India and Japan
1.30 pm - 1.50 pm
Talk/Presentation 3: "Future of Mobility: Trends, Challenges and Opportunities for India and Japan"
Mr. Aashutosh Sinha
Principal, Nomura Research Institute Consulting & Solutions India Pvt. Ltd
1.50 pm - 2.10 pm
Talk/Presentation 4: "Smart Manufacturing: Leveraging Digital Technologies for the Future"
Mr. P S Easwaran, Partner, Deloitte India
2.15 pm - 2.50 pm
Panel Discussion 2: "Collaborative Strategies for Global Mobility and Electronics Manufacturing"
Moderator : Mr. Mohammad Athar, PwC Partner
1) Mr. P K Banerjee, Executive Director, Society of Indian Automobile Manufactures (SIAM), New Delhi
2) Dr. S Devarajan, Sr. Vice President, BCIC and Sr. Vice President
3) Mr. Vivekananda, Co-Founder and CEO, Bounce
2.50 pm - 3.00 pm
Bilateral Initiatives between India and Japan BCIC Japan Office Initatives
Mr. T R Parasuraman, Past President BCIC
Theme 3: Building World-Class Infrastructure for Make in India:A Collaborative Effort between India and Japan
3.00 pm - 3.20 pm
Talk/Presentation 5: "Innovative Financing Models for Infrastructure Development"Mr. Devayan Dey, Partner, PwC India
3.20 pm - 3:40 pm
Talk/Presentation 6: "ESG: Framework for being a responsible corporate citizen"
Ms. Yuki Isogai, Partner, PwC Japan
3.45 pm - 4.30 pm
Panel Discussion 3: "Collaborative Strategies for Digital and Physical Infrastructure Building"
Moderator: Prof. Anjula Gurtoo, Director Policy Research, Indian Institute of Science, Bengaluru
1) Dr. Aravind Chinchure, CEO, Deshpande Startups
2) Mr. Ashish Nanjiani, Vice President – Engineering & Cloud Infrastructure, Rakuten India Enterprise Private Limited
3) Mr. Sudhir Jaiswal, President and CEO, Enterprise System Solutions Pvt Ltd
4) Mr. Rajiv Duggal, Chief Operating Officer, Shimizu Corporation India Private Limited, Bengaluru
5) Mr. Pallab De, Partner, Energy, Utilities & Resources, PwC India
4:30 pm - 4:45 pm Buffer and Tea
Theme 4: Unleashing India's Talent Pool in IT, Healthcare, and Technology for Japan
4:45 pm - 5:05 pm
Talk/Presentation 7: "Digital Skills for the Future: Opportunities and Challenges for India and Japan"
Ms. Eiko Nagatsu, Partner, Deloitte Japan
5:05 pm - 5:25 pm
Talk/Presentation 2: "Healthcare Innovation: Opportunities for India-Japan Collaboration"
Dr. Rana Mehta, Partner, PwC India
5:30 pm - 6.15 pm
Panel Discussion 4: "Unleashing India's Talent Pool: Strategies and Solutions"
Moderator: Ms. Shirin Sehgal, Deputy Chief People Officer, PwC
1) Mr. R Mukundan, Vice President, ABK AOTS DOSOKAI, Chennai
2) Mr. Tomio Isogai, Freelance Advisor, Kansai Japan India Cultural Society (Virtual)
3) Mr. Siddharth Deshmukh, President, IJBC
4) Ms. Nalini George, Chief People Officer, Rakuten India Enterprise Private Limited
6.15 pm - 6.25 pm
Call to Actionby Mr. Abhishek Choudhury, IJBC Vice President
6.25 pm - 6.35 pmVote of Thanks
Dr. S Devarajan, SVP, BCIC and Senior Vice President, TVS Motor Company Limited
6:35 pm - 7:30 pm
Buffer and Cultural Programme - Display of Indian and Japanese art/culture
7.30 pm - 9.30 pm Cocktail Networking Dinner